Monday, January 08, 2007

Experiencing Joy in Balenciaga

When I visit Spain or see anything that reminds me of the maginificent Spanish nation, I immediately think of Balenciaga. Balenciaga, to me and many others I'm sure, is like the haute couture banner of Spain, and everybody who's into haute couture wants one. The house of Balenciaga, which is a tenacious and prominent brand under the Gucci label, specializes in men and women's wear. Now headed by recognized fashion master Nicolas Ghesquiere, the fabulous Balenciaga brand remains to be one of the most coveted labels in the world today.

The fascinating history of Balenciaga goes back to the early 1900s when its founder, Cristobal Balenciaga Eisaguirre, built the Parisian design house along George V Avenue. His aesthetics mainly revolved around sculptural styles, such as his signature funnel-shaped satin skirts. Well-recognized local clientèle in the 50s and 60s included big icons such as Marella Agnelli, Pauline de Rothschild, and Gloria Guinness.

Just recently, you may have seen Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Connelly wearing extravagant outfits by Balenciaga at the Oscars. Kidman had also dressed in a Balenciaga wedding gown when she married country music idol Keith Urban. I'm almost sure you would want to add even just a Lariat motorcycle-inspired purse to your personal collection -- I know I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home