Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Spain in Our Outfit

A nation's background can be detected through the clothes that its people wear. And since diverse countries have diverse histories, their clothing and fashion also vary. Speaking of fashion, my flight in Spain broaden my knowledge (and my outfit collections!) about its fashion and its integral part in determining Spain's culture.

When I reached Spain, I beg my tour guide to usher me to go shopping. We went to Barcelona and I've noticed numerous plentiful shops lined in the highways of the city. I heard that Spain is the home of finest fashion logos like Mango, Fun & Basics, and Carrera & Carrera. Histories say that ladies became the fashion designers' inspiration in creating their crafts. My tour guide said that Cristóbal Balenciaga and Mariano Fortuny topped in expanding the country's fashion sense and in making Spanish fashion known widespread.

My tour guide brought me to Mango, which pioneer branch was unveiled in 1984. I've realized that the clothes they advertise are funkier but classy. From the conservative cut of long and ruffled skirts, the ladies of Spain now wear more comfortable and slinky outfits. Same thing with males, they now wear more colorful and stylish clothes apparel. But no matter how dates evolve Spain's fashion sense, Spain maintains a unique trait in their clothing --- elegance.

Today, fashion in Spain does not only represents Spain's creativity but it also caters in providing a living for more than 500,000 workers. It's great that from a supposed just shopping hop, I've learned a lot more about Spain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home