Monday, November 06, 2006

The Two-in-One Spanish Chow

I favor tomatoes, and that alone gives me enough reason to try anything I can do to tomatoes, from tomato juice to just eating fresh tomatoes as replacement for other fruits like strawberry. Some of my friends are like,"What is the taste?" and "Is not that unpleasant?" plus the sickening looks in their faces. But when I invited them for a snack at my residence, I served them a cold tomato-based soup. I set the soup in a wine glass and let them imbibed it first before I told them what it was.

What I provided them was essentially called Gazpacho, a tomato soup originally from Andalusia in Spain. However, Gazpacho is also available in diverse bars and restaurants, and are often serve in bars as a beverage, while in restaurants it is normally serve as a soup in a bowl with garnishes on top. That is the good thing about gazpacho, you can set more ice on it to make it a yummy thirst quencher or make it a thick soup for those starving tummies. For numerous people, it is best serve chill, but for me anything will do as long as it is tomatoes, and my companions love it now, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home