Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Set For a Spanish Affair in Barcelona?

As a graduation souvenir, my parents allowed me to go on a Spanish holiday with my longtime boyfriend Mike and some other friends from college, probably to show me that I have earned their respect for being able to fulfill school while doing all the extracurricular activities I love. Since we wanted to try something extraordinary from soaking in the sun and getting wet on the bluest of waters, we ended up in Barcelona, admiring energetically the finest architecture pieces available, most of which were made by the infamous Antoni Gaudi. While Barcelona's day gig is a very fulfilling sightseeing outing, its lively nightlife is simply fascinating with numerous pubs and clubs bursting with different gimmicks cluttering the streets. But it was Carrer de Vallmajor which made it on top of my list regardless of its peculiar location because of the soothing jazz music it features completed by a good meal, and a cozy, laid-back and enchanting setting.

I also enjoyed going around the Las Ramblas boulevard with my sweetie probably because it was the only time we were left alone and that it was a great opening to study the citizens of Spain since I find there exists practically all varieties of people in this strait. A number of shops, theaters, cafeterias and antique buildings also called our attention making the two-kilometer site a great place where we were able to do anything and everything under the splendid summer sun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home