Thursday, October 26, 2006

Charming Little Hotel

It was not appalling as I thought it would be, but my stay in Seville in Andalusia, Spain was as terrific as my stay in Madrid and Barcelona. I was a bit thwarted when I first learned that my last three days in Spain would be in Seville, a place I have never heard before, rather than in other dynamic city like Ibiza. What more to my disappointment was when my matriarch told me that we will stay in a small motel in Santa Cruz.

However, when I saw Un Patio en Santa Cruz I was brought back to my childhood illusion of a house made out of honeyed candy. The hotel has a simple box-like structure painted in pink and yellow, and I was like glaring at a gigantic strawberry-flavored candy. Un Patio en Santa Cruz was a small lodge with only thirteen rooms but each rooms was provided with satellite TV, air condition, bathroom ,and free Internet access. It was used to be an old residence changed into a hotel. It has an azotea or a terrace on the rooftop, and we were auspicious to have the one of the two welcoming rooms that has an access to it. It has a terrific view from the top overlooking the magnificent La Giralda or the cathedral, which is one of the largest cathedrals in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home