Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Spending An Entire Scorching Summer in Magical Madrid

I remember when my family and I traveled Madrid in summer, I thought our long weekend there was going to be a waste. When we left the crib to journey the city, we found out that Madrid practically shuts down during summertime. We almost sobbed in disappointment, because we thought that vacationing in Madrid would be a happy experience only to find out that there's nothing to explore in the city that season. Different bars, offices, and diners are closed in July for most people go to the countryside and coast.

Good thing, we kept our hopes high and loiter around Madrid though the city was quite empty. We decided to walk around, and we realized that marts and diners may be closed, but museums and sights were open to accommodate us. My family had funin learning the history of the city through visiting numerous museums, and we loved the nightlife by dropping by at the various terrace bars. Additionally, we also adored the Los Veranos de la Villa, a summer entertainment planned by the city council.

Our two-week visit in Madrid made me realized that visiting there during summer is not unsatisfactory at all. Although there were only a few trippers l and citizens when we got there, my family and I had a wonderful experience in attending parties at night and learning Madrid's past in our museum tours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home