Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Eminent Picasso

I am a devotee of art, that's why on a holiday to Spain, I sought out the art galleries and the museums first. I have always believed that a holiday is never complete if I am not able to stop by at least one museum. So on my holiday in Barcelona, I made it a point to include Museu Picasso in my route. The museum houses a set of Pablo Picasso's artworks when he was still under his father's tutelage. Just two of the most recognized paintings of Picasso that can be found here are "The First Communion" and the "Science and Charity", both sketched during the late 1900's.

Aside from being one of the most eminent Spanish, Picasso is also the most generative artist who have ever lived. Born in October 25, 1881, Picasso sketched a total of 147,800 works of art in his lifetime which counts paintings, book illustrations, sculptures, and engravings. A quantity of his paintings like the "Nude on a Black Armchair" and "Garçon à la pipe" were among the most steep in the whole world. Picasso, in collaboration with Georges Braque, was the creator of Cubism, an art movement.

In truth, my interest on Picasso's artwork started only recently when a comrade gave me a rendition of one of the eminent artist's portraits: "L'Accordéoniste". Since then, I became engrossed with his innumerable works. Today, I not only have "L'Accordéoniste" shown in my living room but a framed print of "Au Bon Marché" as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home