Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Modern Murcia Inn

Even though I have been to Spain many times already, I have not visited all the fabulous places in the country. Barcelona and Madrid are already getting a bit old for me, so for my latest escape in Spain, I opted for a less popular tourist spot: Murcia. I have heard of this old city innumerable times before, but it was not only until latterly that I made up my mind to visit it. The city, founded in 831 AD, has a very intriguing Islamic records. The city also has numerous architectural splendors, which makes for great sightseeing. Just some of the things worth seeing in Murcia are its antique Baroque and Renaissance churches that were structured as far back as 14th century.

I have this perception that to appreciate the ancientness of Murcia better, one should stay in a modern inn. This is absolutely what I did during my last retreat there. I stayed in Hotel Nelva, a modern inn located 4 kilometers from the city's center, near the Center of Congress and Auditorium. The hotel has over 200 rooms, all festooned in neutral colors with modern conveniences like safe deposit boxes, minibars, and air-conditioning. Since the inn sits on 5,000 square meters of garden, there's an excellent scenery just outside your window. The inn also has a pool, meeting rooms, and expeditious Internet service. I got to tell you, it's delightful to return back to a contemporary environment after a whole day of soaking in Murcia's old architecture, history, and culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home