Thursday, August 17, 2006

Joining a Weird Festival in Spain

I was amazed when I found out from a Spanish pal that he is joining a cycling holiday competition in Madrid. Essentially, this was the first time I picked up that there is a holiday for a sport like cycling in Spain. I am only familiar with high-status cycling events like Tour de France, but that cycling holiday in Spain seems very weird. Well, perhaps that's how Spanish people demonstrate their appreciation for cycling.

My pal seems very prepared already for the coming holiday and he's inviting me to view the competition. Nonetheless, I would not be able to do it because I have a lot of work to conclude here. It is the major explanation I could not easily leave the country for a vacation. Even though I would desire to see him compete for the said cycling holiday, I could not do it this year. I just promised him that I would view his competition next year and perhaps take a short vacation in their place.

That's the admirable thing about Spanish people; they are very warm and sociable individuals. I am so blessed to have him as a pal because despite growing up in different countries, we still click.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home