Monday, August 07, 2006

Insignificant and Tiresome Performance of Antonio Banderas

Unquestionably, Antonio Banderas is one of the most nice-looking foreign actors who made it big in the Hollywood. Nevertheless, I believe that his popularity is mainly because of Zorro, the picture where he starred together with screen goddess Catherine Zeta-Jones. And no matter how he tries to render several roles like what he did in Desperado and Evita, people still remember him as the guy riding in a horse with a black mask.

When it comes to his performance, I am not fully astonished with him. Most of his pictures are action pictures and do not require too much emotions. Worse, the picture themes were very common and mainstream like revenge. In his picture, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, I actually laughed because his acting is so juvenile as compared to Johnny Depp's performance. If I was not aware that the picture is the third installment of the Mariachi Trilogy, then I would have concluded that Depp is the lead character. I pressume that if the only best thing that goes well with him is his flairs when it comes to singing and dancing. I think he's one of the best in those lines because there are few actors who can unquestionably sing and dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home