Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Celebrating A Fantastic Party With Savory Spanish Dishes

In order to celebrate the birthday of a good friend in Madrid, I decided to throw a revelry complete with wonderful Spanish food and drinks. My simple menu included thirst-quenching glasses of Agua de Valencia, bowls of cold Gazpacho to cool our bodies warmed by the Mediterranean sun, and plates of savory Dorada a la Sal.

For the Agua de Valencia, I just merged together a bottle of Spanish wine, a carton of rich orange drink, Cointreau, and some ice. In order to create the great Gazpacho, which is a cold soup, I gathered all the fresh vegetables I could find to include a vitamin-enriched dish on the menu. As for my masterpiece, I opted to cook the zesty Dorada a la Sal, which is a sea bass covered in salt crusts. The crowd favorite was the Dorada a la Sal, because of its tender fish meat enclosed in salt crusts, trapping all the succulentflavors inside.

The guests, and chiefly the celebrant, enjoyed the food so much; the lunch revelry was extended until the evening. We had so much fun eating the savory dishes and my companion was so proud of me for being able to create an authentic Spanish menu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home