Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Remembering a Joyous Empanada Incident

When I was only seven, my parents brought me along with them to Spain when they had a very significant business convention in that country. I remember breaking down while on the plane because I did not want to be with them. I presumed that being in that country would be very boring and I realized that leaving my fellows back home would be some sort of betrayal to our friendship. However, I did not have any other choice that time so I just came with my folks.

We stayed in an old rest house in Spain and while my parents were on the convention, I was with the company of the suite's caretaker. I met the caretaker's daughter who was also seven years old like me and we became good fellows right away. I will never forget my fellowship with her because it was her who introduced me to the mouthwatering empanada. Empanada is a single turnover that is overfilled with some vegetables, fruits, and meat. I will always cherish my fellowship with her because through her, I had the chance to experience the mouthwatering taste of the empanada that she gave me.

Today, every time I see or eat an empanada or a turn over, I always remember that little lady that I had a special fellowship with during my stay in Spain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home