Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Mouthful of the Unequaled Paella

Being the third most widest European country, Spain encompasses a complete fusion of Greek, Phoenician, Carthaginian, and Roman heritage. This seamless fusion of neighboring European culture paved the way for the emergence of a incomparable Spanish identity that can be perceived on the Spanish way of living.

I myself literally got a taste of this large-scale cultural diversity when I decided to go on a spontaneous food break on Spain. This desire to visit Spain was probably rooted when I chanced upon a used travel magazine at my friend's house. It featured the varying travel places in Spain, but my attention was held captive by a double-page photo layout of a paella dish. Its swanky colors speak of lively festivity while its mouthwatering form entices me to take in a spoonful of its flavorful serving. It was 2 years after this eventful day when I finally decided to go on a plane and visit the attractive land of Spain. Once the plane has landed, I quickly found myself braving the nostalgic streets of Spain in search of the famous Paella. I chanced upon this charming looking restaurant and I found out that they were serving the Paella I'm yearning for. The same mouthwatering paella was served to me a few minutes later which looks almost exactly as the one that I've seen on that used magazine from my friend's house. After literally devouring the whole thing, all I can say that my incidental trip to impressive Spain was truly worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home